How to: Arm Restraint development

stockroom.com - JT's Stockroom
During the creative process of snoring, I tend to come up with some of the wildest ideas for random building projects. A little over a week ago I had an idea that might actually work well.

It started with the concept of rope and quick release. I'm not a rope slut, despite getting tied up often, and after seeing how long it takes for rope to be removed from a person who's already in a red zone (without cutting the rope), I wondered if there was a way to create the same binding feeling of arm restraint with a quick release system. AHA! I thought, they do make those sorts of items in restraints - but those things are damned expensive. They're usually made out of leather, which needs breaking in, they're huge and you can't normally store them easily like rope. They require a heck of a lot of care (leather? Yea)... and finally, you wouldn't want to cut through them if there was a serious issue.

So, while looking at the lovely backsides of these two ladies, it got me to pondering. What could I do with simple materials that don't cost much to have the same basic effect of the lady above, while being as minimalist as the lady at left... and still be functional? Hm..... I have a bitch-ton of paracord. I know I have an extra dog collar and leash around here somewhere. O.O Holy balls, batman, I got it!

Cuffs and a main back line, all connected with quick release bearings. HAH! So, pardon the anatomical model (it's what I have floating in my car in paper form... might as well transfer to digital in the same format). The idea is, when connected, the restraint will be at the same level as Miss dragonfly due to wrist locks and above the elbow locks. If the main line is adjusted to bring in the arms as much as comfortably possible... the body will immobilize the arms straight anatomically unless you're double jointed. Using a locking system (like actual locks or specific screw type joints, it's hard for the person in them to get out, but easy for the person monitoring to release the bound one quickly. QED.

So, the next question is, how the hell am I going to make the cuffs wide enough out of paracord? Those bracelets are nice, but with regular D rings.... I don't want the D rings to slip. Hm...... Aha! Found a tutorial for a really wide bracelet. Now we're in business.

So far, I have the main wrist restraints done to fit me... and I'm working on the upper arm restraints. We shall see if they work as expected. =) On another note, the party this weekend isn't looking so hot. Apparently there is illness involved in the group I was going to be meeting there... *sadface*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You'll be confined to THAT in Hell
if you aint tooo carefull, dear.

When our eternal soul leaves our body
at death, only four, last things remain:
death, judgement, Heaven or Hell
according to the deeds WEE mortals
have done in our Finite Existence.
Find-out what RCIA means and join.

PS° I'm a re-boot NDE:
if you're RIGHT,
you'll see the LIGHT -
follow that to the Elysian Fields.
Let's be tethered2forever Upstairs.

☆PS☆ wanna PEACE of Me?
wanna PIECE of Seventh-Heaven?
lemme show you how to wiseabove
to follow YOUR King of Kings.
-Jesus

Unknown said...

Aint2coolNhell, babe.
Better repent and fast.
trustNjesus.

Post a Comment

 
Home | Copyright © 2011 Diary of Sublimation |Designed by Templatemo |Converted to blogger by BloggerThemes.Net