Pulled Over

I was going to be home by eleven if I could keep up this pace. Driving into the night was always the best option for me; it was about five hours from Undergrad to Current city and I had a full lab day before I could leave. I'm jamming out to Puscifer on my radio, so slow and sexy, when I reach over for my GPS. Correct my driving pattern because I hadn't gotten the GPS in time for a curve - I didn't go over the center line by more than an inch on the driver's side and there was no one in the next lane.

Flashing lights in my rearview.

Oh...... balls.

But... but... but... I wasn't speeding!

Attempt to get over to the shoulder on the right - which is nonexistent. Make my way to the left lane and that shoulder, park with the flashers, and notice a tall, slim, and buff policeman get out of the car. Huzzah. I'm sooo screwed.

"Good evening, sir, what can I do for you?"
"Liscence and proof of insurance."
*rummage rummage*aigajwgbah is this the current one.... yup! *hand over*
"So, where are you coming from?"
"[Undergrad]"
"And going to?"
"Current city"
"Ma'am, I've pulled you over for several reasons. The first being that we've had calls in about a drunk driver."

*blink* Shit, what?

"That's... amusing. I can assure you, sir, that I have NOT been drinking. Not only have I not in the position to have been drinking due to having been in a research lab all day and then having driven for about 3 hours already, but I have an allergic intolerance."
"So what were you doing in [Undergrad]?"
"I'm a graduate student at [Grad school]. My thesis project is based out of a lab up there, so I travel back and forth to work in the lab on the weekends and go to school during the week."
"What's your thesis topic"
[Insert babble about genetics here]
"Do you take any medications?"
"Concerta... a derivative of Ritalin"
"When?"
"Every morning, usually around 9am."
".............. I'm attempting to figure out why you were weaving."

Pfft... reaching for something, ADHD, and sleep deprived. Take your pick of a combination.

"Whelp, I do work long hours in that lab. Sometimes 19+. I'm a grad student. I'm sure you can imagine I'm sleep deprived."
*ticket writing process*
"Go into that stop and take a nap before you continue your drive, ma'am."

*sigh*

So, yea, I'm out $115 for a traffic ticket that I have NO idea why I actually got it. Weaving? Yea, I don't actually remember weaving at all to piss off a person to call in before missing that turn timing. Grawr. At least it wasn't actually DUI - that would have been A) Fightable because I DO NOT drink and drive - I don't even drink! and B) A tank to any future endeavor. BLAAAAAH.

I still don't wanna pay up, but it's better than driving 2.5 ish hours up from Grad school to fight a ticket. *sigh*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Home | Copyright © 2011 Diary of Sublimation |Designed by Templatemo |Converted to blogger by BloggerThemes.Net